Part-Time Position: Assistance Teacher
South Creek Preschool is seeking part-time lead and assistant teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. Applicants must be patient, compassionate, professional, and have the ability to work independently, but also be a supportive team member. If interested, email your resume to Preschool Director Meghan Henninger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-457-8682. Full job descriptions can be found below.
OUR MISSION: The mission of the staff at South Creek Preschool is to provide a Christ-centered environment that will inspire each child’s spiritual, educational, physical, emotional, and social growth
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ASSISTANT TEACHER
Responsible to: Lead Teacher/Director
SELF-MANAGEMENT AND PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
- Be a committed Christian.
- See his/her role as a calling for ministry, understanding the mission of the preschool.
- Understand that the assistant’s first priority is to teach about the love of Jesus through positive role modeling, gentle and consistent temperament, and caring relationships.
- Is a positive, caring person with enthusiasm for caring for young children.
- Attend all staff meetings, seminars and workshops whenever possible, and log at least 12 training hours each year.
- Maintain Red Cross first aid and child and infant CPR certifications.
- Pass national background check, Tb test and drug screening
- Support other staff by being a positive role model, treating others with respect and care.
- Meet with other staff when asked, for planning and problem solving.
- Participate in program events outside of the classroom. Examples include but are not limited to Thanksgiving Feasts, Christmas Programs, Mom’s Day, and Dad’s Day.
- Assist in implementing the classroom schedule.
- Work with the Lead Teacher to implement lesson plans and assess growth and development of children.
- Participate in daily and weekly set-up and cleanup of children’s learning environment, which includes any environment adjustments and/or changes.
- Provide support and modeling to children throughout free play opportunities.
- Assist in executing fire, tornado and lockdown drills according to the emergency plan.
- Follow positive discipline policies as outlined in the staff manual.
- Help prepare, serve and clean up snacks.
- Set up activities and interact with children throughout playground and gym times.
- Supervise bathroom and help as needed, change diapers following diaper changing procedures.
- Administer first aid when necessary; assist in reporting all accidents/incidents on appropriate forms. 11. Keep room neat and orderly by fulfilling cleaning assignments; give attention to unassigned areas like corridors, staff room, restrooms and closets; report any problems to the director.
- Maintain open, honest, respectful communication with parents; communicate with parents regarding exceptional behaviors, accidents, illnesses and discipline.
- Call director in timely manner when ill.
- Be punctual.
- Become familiar with and comply with policies in the staff manual.
- Have stamina, both physical and emotional, to work with young children.
- Demonstrate initiative and competence in working effectively without close supervision.
- Demonstrate willingness to perform other duties, above and beyond those listed here, as assigned.
- Have genuine Christ-like love for children.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or equivalent required; 1+ years of experience working with children preferred; CDA credential, Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred.