All of us are born with adversities. When we ask why me, what we really should ask is why not me? 2 Corinthians 1:5-7 tell us....
“For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.”
On Sunday we learned that common denominators are thing that are common trait or themes among persons, places, or things. What are common denominators we should have if we call ourselves Christ followers?
- We love One another John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” If we practice the presence of God we cannot help but love one another.
- We have the joy of the Lord no matter our circumstances because we know that we know we can trust HIM with all of it.
- We are family! We love people where they are.
- We have a sacrificial spirit. We give of our time, talent, and treasure for others.
- We remain teachable. We are never done learning. Remember God will repeat the lessons until we get it so that we can grow closer to Him.
- We ask ourselves what did we do about Jesus? In light of Him and His love how did you live and love differently?
- Without Christ we can do nothing. Anything great that happens in our life and through our life starts and end with Jesus Christ.
- When we choose to obey His command to love others, the world will see HIM and His love.
In John 9:1-3 it says…
“As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
How can He use your situation to work through you and to glorify God?
If you allow God to work through every aspect of your life…the good, the bad, and the ugly, others will be drawn to Him and His love.